No subject

pianotech@byu.edu pianotech@byu.edu
2/18/97 6:54 PM

Dear list:

I have a teacher that is setting up a piano studio with two pianos and
wants them tuned alike (together).  No problem ( I thought), I'll just
use my SAT and tune them individually as the manual says.  But here
comes the rub, one piano is a Steinway grand and the other a Acrosonic.
Which FAC tuning page should I use?- the Steinway?  the Acrosonic?  the
Steinway on both?  individual FAC's?
Will different tunings make the pianos sound alike?  Any advice?

Phil

There may be important message content

------------------ MIME Information follows ------------------

------------AED5A9759050

<<<<<< See above "Message Body" >>>>>>

------------AED5A9759050

<HTML><BODY>

<DT>Dear list:</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>I have a teacher that is setting up a piano studio with two pianos
and wants them tuned alike (together).&nbsp; No problem ( I thought), I'll
just use my SAT and tune them individually as the manual says.&nbsp; But
here comes the rub, one piano is a Steinway grand and the other a
Acrosonic.&nbsp;
Which FAC tuning page should I use?- the Steinway?&nbsp; the Acrosonic?&nbsp;
the Steinway on both?&nbsp; individual FAC's?</DT>

<DT>Will different tunings make the pianos sound alike?&nbsp; Any advice?</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>Phil</DT>

</BODY>
</HTML>