Schaff Triangle Piano Trucks

Bigeartb@aol.com Bigeartb@aol.com
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 20:25:47 EST

List;
     Installed my first set of these triangle dollies for a Yamaha Grand
Piano---6'1"
No instructions....Therefore bolted two "five sided plates together with the
three extensions....one extenstion bolted in the center of the plate and the
other two bolted off center to each side of the plate. I never could get the
thing where it looked centered under the piano. When the extensions were the
same distance from the center 5 sided plate the thing was off center of the
piano too much toward the curved side. I finally adjusted the center plate so
it was as close to the center of the keybed and adjusted the extensions to
different lengths to fit the legs and then bolted it all tight. My
questions---I assumed the extension bolted in the center of the plate went to
the back leg and the other two to each of the front legs. I wondered if the
five sided plate that the extensions bolted too must twist either clockwise
or counter clockwise to center the thing up. Did I give enought info for you
to determine if I installed this thing correctly. It rolls....it fits each
leg..and the center plate is resting just behind the center of the key
bed....and the longest extension is to the back leg...I guess my main concern
is that it's balanced correctly. I'm not sure it can be installed
"umbalanced" I going to call Schaff Monday but I am concerned I used good
judgement without directions. Thank you for your help and "happy
Thanksgiving"

Tommy Black
Decatur, Ala.