Slow November?

Carl Teplitski koko99@shaw.ca
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 15:41:31 -0600

Odd ? ?  This year seems like there are many people kicking tires,
checking prices.  Don't you get a charge out of people whose  first
question is about price, then ask if you can provide  references ,etc., etc.
Then , of course, they would like you to do the tuning this afternoon ! ! !
I guess you should try to get the best service for your dollar, but if you are
shopping at a Cadillac dealers, don't expect Chevy prices. Maybe there
are unscrupulous tuners who take advantage of customers, and they have
become wary . Maybe if they tuned their piano regularly, they would have
found one they liked. Tuning every 5 or 10 years, then expecting perfection,
for the best basic price doesn't cut it ,where I come from. If you talk about pitch
correction, many of them give you that faraway look, like are you kidding me, or what.
Sounds like a rip-off to them. You know, the piano sounds fine to me , but someone
said that they should be tuned once in a while, so I'm checking. Of course, your regular
people who understand and trust you, don't give you any of that, it's the ones who think
you should fit them in SAP. I know of a fellow who says he's booked at least 12 months
ahead. He doesn't take new clients. If he does, you must pass a qualifying test, and pay
10 years in advance; ( ok, maybe not.)
I find that the vast majority of people fair and understanding, and  a pleasure to work for.
The others   . . . .. ..??          Lifes toooooo short.

Carl / Winnipeg