1890 Steinway

J Patrick Draine draine@attbi.com
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 11:32:56 -0500

On Thursday, November 28, 2002, at 11:08  AM, Robert Moffatt wrote:

> You could tune the Harmonium.=A0Slow going,=A0but it can be done.
> =A0
>
> Found this 1890 Steinway on the web. This rare , signed ..B has an=20
> asking price of 900,000.00 - 1,200,000.00.=A0 Any one remember what =
the=20
> Alma-Tadema=A0sold for in 1997?

$1.2 million

> =A0
> =A0
> Bob
>
> =A0http://www.levisauctions.com/levis.html

First of all I'm *no expert* on art cases, but despite all the text=20
about art cases, I'd have a hard time calling this one an art case.=20
It's not much more ornate than most of the Steinways made in that era,=20=

is it? Fat legs, scrollwork music desk. Looks nice, but Alma-Tadema it=20=

ain't. I saw it (I think it's the one) at the Clark Art Museum a couple=20=

years ago. It looks gaudy in photographs but it is stunning in person,=20=

surrounded by several Alma-Tadema paintings.

Patrick Draine

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: text/enriched