Duplex Dan/Suggested Duplex Lengths

kam544@gbronline.com kam544@gbronline.com
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 12:18:51 -0600

>... the Steinway Duplex has
>an extremely limited space for placement position. The best I can offer for
>the S & S is to replace the casting with individual duplex bars and do the
>calculation of their placement on an individual basis...

In case you haven't done so yet, Joe, I highly recommend viewing the
video at the Franklin Duplex site

http://www.singingtone.com/

It takes awhile to download via modem, and the picture isn't that
clear, but it *clearly* shows the method to achieve placement of the
Steinway duplex on this Model O. There is adequate space with maybe
the exception of the very upper treble. But there it's more of a
problem discerning the intervals than space if I understood the
presentation correctly.

>After all, the Duplex System is definitely not Rocket Science!...
>Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

This is the second time today I've seen a reference to Rocket
Science, as though this somehow explains everything.

I don't think so.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731