(no subject)

CAROLYN BOHN cbohn1@mindspring.com
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 15:56:2 -0700

I have an elderly client with an even more elderly grand
piano (about 100 years old).  The piano is in good condition except that
the tuning pins in the tenor section are fairly loose, and two pins will not
hold the tuning.  When I checked the pinblock, there were, in fact, short
cracks coming off the holes for those 2 pins.  I don't want to start piling
up big charges for this client, but would like to make the piano playable for
her.  I'm wondering if there is a way to epoxy the cracks with the pinblock
in place, or some other fix someone knows about.  I've also read some
discussion of tightening pins with CA glue and would appreciate advice on how
and when to do that, and what thickness of CA glue to use.

--- CAROLYN BOHN

--- cbohn1@mindspring.com

--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.