Newton

JStan40@aol.com JStan40@aol.com
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 21:45:07 EST

Friends all...........

I met Newton in central Illinois, after he had finished doing a class for a=20
PTG chapter out of Bloomington.......he was a fascinating, kind, approachabl=
e=20
sort of person, and we laughed immediately about being only 5 days apart in=20
age.=A0 It was only about six weeks later that he was struck by a car while=20
crossing a street near his home--and we corresponded by e-mail every day for=
=20
about the next three months during his convalescence.=A0 I didn't really car=
e=20
if he answered--I was only prodding him to recover--but he DID answer, almos=
t=20
every day, sometimes a bit weakly, but he ANSWERED!

This, I came to learn, was quintessentially Newton........he had a deep=20
feeling, a deep understanding and a deeper respect for people, and had=20
friends far beyond "the business."

He was quite alone during the last few years......retired, living=20
alone....but thanks to his MANY friends, in the Guild and on Pianotech, and=20
at the conventions, he was never really alone...........nor is he now.=A0=20
Godspeed, Newton, my friend.=A0 I miss you.

Stan Ryberg
Barrington IL
Associate Member
mailto:jstan40@aol.com