Newton

Bill Ballard yardbird@pop.vermontel.net
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 23:22:12 -0500

Newton survivors,

I remember two years ago, when a post came into the list  announcing
a piano tech position on a Queen Mary cruise. It finished, "must have
tuxedo". Newton was so eager to apply, and his disappointment was so
crushing when he didn't get the gig. We saw another one happen on the
list, too. He got flown into the north of Chile to straighten out a
Yamaha grand action, selected by the piano's owner, who had been
monitoring the list for a month or two.

He also posted pictures of the "gang of four" at the 2001 (?)
convention: Ron N' and the missus, Ron O',  Del and himself. Thanks,
Newton for sending us the postcards.

I first sat in a class of Newton's at the CT Chapter's
(maybe-not-yet) New England Regional in Spring of "73, at the Pratt,
Read plant. He was spry and full of curiosity, as I remember.

Newton's got the ultimate cruise ship piano tech gig now, bless him.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"Our live contains a thousand springs
   and dies if one be gone
Strang the a harp of a thousand strings
   should kep in tune so long."
     ...........Dr. Watts, "The continental Harmony,1974