graphite and Protec

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 01:49:09 +0100

Particularly as a squeak eliminator it even does not work, as proved
by the many graphite knuckles (roller) I see that where squeaking as
if nothing was done.

Beside it rob too much of tactile feedback if it works as an anti
friction product (on roller). Nowadays many techs in  my area still
put graphite on old rollers as to help friction, and it does not work.
Sanding the old marks can help for some time to put back in shape the
roller.

Some Teflon spray can squeak too, graphite is ok on keyframe, even on
jack & whippen, but not DAG, as it contains Arabian gum it is not as
lubricating as it seem.

Teflon powder is the best, McLube 205 or such spray is very effective
too (and can be sprayed on the old graphite) , but sometime it does
not last really long.

I.O.