finish

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 09:14:22 EST

In a message dated 11/19/02 10:47:32 PM Central Standard Time, koko99@shaw.ca
writes:

> Chichering grand. Color was a glossy
> walnut or something similar.

Carl

If this a newer Chickering, with a high polish polyester finish, then the
problem might be a warrantee problem. Have your customer check with the local
dealer.

       She used to sit a crystal ornament on this spot, and I wonder if that
was the     reason for the imperfection. It's not a scratch, but gloss is
missing

It depends on how long the crystal ornament sat in that one spot. This might
have caused the finish to dull, for one reason or another.

As was suggested, if this is not a new piano, you might want to get a very
good refinsiher/touch up man to take a look at this.

You are right about women noticing things like that. When I had my store, I
would have my secretary and my in store technician, who is also a woman, go
over my new pianos. It was amazing the details they would catch in just one
glance, when I would have to look very carefully to even spot a blemish.

Wim