finish

Wed, 20 Nov 2002 08:41:38 -0500

Hi Carl -

You said you did some lube work, but didn't say what, if any, effect it
had on the spot.  If there was improvement, further polishing may take
care of it, but would likely require a final polishing of the entire lid
to achieve a uniform sheen.  If there was no improvement, I would
recommend a top-flite touch-up man be scheduled to appraise the damage.
While it is quite likely that the entire lid will need refinished, some
touch-up artists are amazing at what they can hide.  Check with a local
retailer of upper level furniture and ask who does their touch-up work.

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com