name ? ? humour

Carl Teplitski koko99@shaw.ca
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 00:06:22 -0600

Hope this is acceptable, for the humour ( humor )it's meant to convey.

My son used to play college hockey,( Canada ) and one of the guys,
all  5' 9", 160 lbs. of him, was called "Spike."  He was the toughest little
guy in the valley, as the verse goes. He is now 41 or 42 years old and
guess what the guys still call him.  If it is your name or it fits,   who
cares.
All the guys loved him, and his nickname was a sign of affection. My son
would often replay the out of town games which I didn't see, and invariably he

would tell me, with a "grin", that some guy tried to take liberties with
Spike, but
won't likely be doing that again.

When I was much younger, I played in a provincial golf tournament , and the
local
T.V. sports announcer butchered my name so badly, my wife didn't recognize it.
. . .

(Baythoven, List, Moatzart , wait for it . . .  Showpan ! !)

Carl Teplitski / Winnipeg.