Plate gilding powders?

Tue, 19 Nov 2002 21:45:12 -0500

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:20:40 -0800 "Joseph Garrett"
<joegarrett@earthlink.net> writes:
> All, I would like to know what kind of gilding powders you use and why?

> I'm particularly interested in specifics and in relation to
> nitro-cellulose, but not exclusively. This subject came up during a
conversation with my
> refinisher, today.
> Best Regards,
> Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

Hi Joe -

I like the bronze powder available from Walter Wurdack, Inc.  It is the
same exact bronze powder that Steinway sells (so I'm told), but for a
very small fraction of the cost.  A 1 lb can from Wurdack is about the
same price as a couple ounces from Steinway.  Works great in
nitro-cellulose.  (314)351-6600.

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com