Rescaling bass strings

Rogerio Cunha rogerio.cunha@terra.com.br
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:33:09 -0200

I am just restoring an old, very nice and very good, J SIMON an German =
piano made in Stutgart and this upright has 1, 54 m of bass string to =
A0.
It has 16 single and 12 double. The last double, C3, it has 1.03 m. The =
bass strings thay are original but they can't to be tunned on 440. They =
break ! I think that the steel wire is thin.
I need to rescale the bass in order to tune the piano in 440 cps.
What is the better way? There are any software to do it?
Thanks

Rogerio Cunha
IC Member of The Piano Technicians Guild
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil
http://planeta.terra.com.br/arte/dacapo/
http://www.perfectpitch.hpg.ig.com.br/index.html