When is a Steinway still a Steinway

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 21:58:43 -0500

>From steinway.com:

"Steinway & Sons refuses to skimp on materials, labor and effort in the construction of a musical instrument that is as close to perfection as the hand and cunning of man can make it."

> Then there's the business of sending the key frames and boards back
> to Kluge, each with individual specifications for the front-to-back
> location  for drilling the board and balance rail.

Gosh, if they did that then they might make the claim that they refuse to skimp on materials, labor and effort in the construction of a musical instrument that is as close to perfection as the hand and cunning of man can make it.

If I'm not mistaken, this has been a problem common to these pianos for more than 100 years. Like, Helloooooo!

Going to bed now. Gotta get up early for the meteor shower!

Terry Farrell