S&S D Duplex

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 09:39:18 -0600

>I wish someone would take two nearly identical pianos. Tune the duplex on
>one by lowering the pitch as you recommend. On the other merely lower the
>pitch and then *not* move the duplex. Then compare before and after times
>on both instruments, as well as real time analyser data.
>
>Another possible test would be one piano measured then tuned, then
>measured, then detuned and measured again.

Well, Don, anyone with a PC based spectrum analyzer can do that any time
they like. There are still 30 day trial downloads available of decent
quality programs that should be able to produce what you're looking for.
All that's required is someone (anyone) who cares to know enough to give it
a day and find out.

Ron N