S&S D Duplex

Sat, 16 Nov 2002 12:19:53 +0100

Isaac OLEG wrote:

> Hello, Mr. Dan Duplex,
>
> Just to add a little water to your flow, love and passion for the
> duplex scales,  I would add notice that  BECHSTEIN have just issued 3
> models with aliquot scales and capo bars in the last sections.
>
> Model D (280cm)
> Model B (210cm)
> Model M/P (192cm)
>
> That was almost the last brand sticking to an all agrafes arrangement,
> that have nice treble but not very long nor rich .

In favour of the Duplex arrangement... You have a point there Isaac :) The
Bechstein is nice but rather chopped. That was one of the things that was
so interesting about that Grøtrian I posted about some days ago. It had
that same peculiar element of "thud" to its sound / sustain. In the
Becstein they have managed to make it work more or less. But in the
Grotrian... which was built for as much duplexish noise as is possible
seemingly... it did not.  And I wouldnt be suprised to find you could
employ the front duplex in a Bechstein and achieve a nice result with no
problem.

I wish you folks could hear this instrument as its really quite the
strange combination.... soundwise.

> I am impatient to see these new models.
>
> Regards.
>
> Isaac OLEG