Nasty Baldwin treble

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 10:55:23 -0800

At 09:59 AM 11/14/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>I'm sorry to see that a difference of opinion will wreck a person's
>credibility.  I doubt that there is a person anywhere in the world
>who would agree with every opinion I have.
>
>Susan, I guess I had better destroy all the Journals I have where you
>have written what I had previously thought were well written and
>informative articles.  If you don't agree with CFT, how can we
>believe anything you say?!?!?!?  :-)
>
>dave

***************************************

Now, this has a nasty treble sort of sound as well, an
ironical sort of sound ... especially since the SD-10,
the piano I was discussing in this thread, doesn't even
have tuned aliquots. Tons of other duplexes, of course,
which it needs. Not the same piano when you blank them out.
There are ways and means of dealing with the jingle-jangles
without muffling them or voicing them out of existence,
which I attempted to cover in the "Freshening Strings" article.

Could someone please tell me what this fracas is all about?
I have never so much as written the words "tuned duplex",
let alone attacked the principle. Has there been pitched
battle, Duplex Dan (patented) against a herd of detractors,
raging up and down the halls of pianotech? (If so, it
went right by me, while I quietly snoozed in some
aural-analog corner ...)

Then, out of the blue, I'm suddenly a Steinway-patent-hater ....

"It is a puzzlement."

sssssssssssssnnnnn (starting to [lightly] steam around the edges)