Dampp Chaser

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Thu, 07 Nov 2002 07:20:22 -0500

Alan,

I like what you're doing.  I'll give your incentive some consideration, although
I would probably have a time limit, perhaps free service for the first 3-5
years.  My marketing tool has been a free 2-year extension of the Dampp-Chaser
five-year guarantee to a total of seven years.  I would like to be able to
attach a price tag to that benefit, but I haven't researched what the value of a
two-year extended warranty would be.

Yes, Dampp-Chaser warranties have cost me a little money, since I receive no
reimbursement for the time it takes to resolve warranty issues or for shipping,
but as far as I can remember the extended warranty idea hasn't cost me anything.

Has anyone given the Dampp-Chaser brochure to every piano owner they serve?  If
so, has that increased your sales?  I usually bring up the product only for
those I think may be interested, but I have considered going the "every client"
direction, perhaps even coupled with a price reduction.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT