Dampp Chaser

Phil Bondi tito@philbondi.com
Thu, 07 Nov 2002 07:43:33 -0500

> Has anyone given the Dampp-Chaser brochure to every piano owner they
serve?

Clyde, I use to. What happened was I was pointed to pianos that had been in
this environment for +/-20 years and had no DC installed and looked and
sounded just fine.

What I WAS doing was trying to sell Florida as an 'unstable and hostile'
environment for pianos, when in fact, it's a more stable environment than
most.

How?

We're under AC most of the time, and RH levels seldom exceed 55% in most
cases. There's not as much movement of the indoor RH here as there is most
other places. There are exceptions, of course:

-those that live on the water who like to open the windows
-those that do not like AC as much as most people

Those are the people that I 'strongly' suggest investing in the system. Most
of them do. Those that don't have unstable instruments, period.

-Phil Bondi (Fl.)
tito@philbondi.com