action ratios

Stéphane Collin collin.s@skynet.be
Sun, 3 Nov 2002 19:32:41 +0100

Hi Richard.

Thanks for taking time.
But ...
  Ok... this of course changes the situation as you've moved up a bit in =
general on SW's and you've got this big bulbous bulge in the middle.  =
C-3 and C-2 are in the top part of the  low SW zone, then C-1 goes up =
all the way to top medium (+) and C0 is way the heck up there, and the =
curve finishes off just over the dividing line between the high and =
medium zones. Assuming this data  and the ratio you gave is correct, you =
have like two different pianos :)... the bass is set up with low SW's an =
a low ratio, and the rest of the piano set up with high SW's and a low =
ratio.  I would think that would be pretty noticible in both play and =
sound really. Again, I would definatly even out this situation before =
getting into any needling.=20

I will even out the situation.  But still, evenness was not the problem. =
 I wonder if evening out the SW will cure my real musical problem of =
dynamic linearity between P and mF.  Don't think so.
  I think it would be best for you to get a reliable measuring device =
like the Stanwood kit, or make something youself, as it's very important =
to get dependable data. And it would be fun to get a better sense of how =
this instrument is set up.=20

That is sure.  I will.  But still, do you think those very numbers tell =
the whole story ?

  Cheers=20
  RicB=20

Best regards,