action ratios

Sun, 03 Nov 2002 14:06:50 +0100

Ok... this of course changes the situation as you've moved
up a bit in general on SW's and you've got this big bulbous
bulge in the middle.  C-3 and C-2 are in the top part of
the  low SW zone, then C-1 goes up all the way to top medium
(+) and C0 is way the heck up there, and the curve finishes
off just over the dividing line between the high and medium
zones. Assuming this data  and the ratio you gave is
correct, you have like two different pianos :)... the bass
is set up with low SW's an a low ratio, and the rest of the
piano set up with high SW's and a low ratio.  I would think
that would be pretty noticible in both play and sound
really. Again, I would definatly even out this situation
before getting into any needling.

I think it would be best for you to get a reliable measuring
device like the Stanwood kit, or make something youself, as
it's very important to get dependable data. And it would be
fun to get a better sense of how this instrument is set up.

Cheers
RicB

--
Richard Brekne