fresh grooving?

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Sat, 02 Nov 2002 11:21:24 -0800

Is it normal, after intitial tuning and less than an hour or two of light
playing, for freshly filed/reshaped hammers to develop light but noticeable
grooving,  even BEFORE any needling or chemical voicing is done? This seems
a bit strange, but maybe it's normal and i just never noticed it before.
I've observed this in almost every job I've done in which it was the very
first filing/reshaping the hammers had  ever received, and the visual result
was very satisfactory and uniform.  this seems to be the case no matter the
quality or weight of the hammer. Again, the grooving is slight, but
definitely noticeable.

Terry Peterson

Unlimited Internet access -- and 2 months free!  Try MSN.