June Journal and FW's

Bill Ballard yardbird@pop.vermontel.net
Thu, 30 May 2002 23:17:51 -0400

>At 09:08 PM 5/30/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>>Flame suit? Me? Don't waste your gasoline. I don't smell good charred.
>
>Don't worry, buddy; I'm right behind you with the extinguisher. . .

Just making sure I don't stink up the neighborhood, right?

>FWIW, Stanwood's FW ceilings are not target spec's but a line of
>demarcation; as to which any thing
>close to or over that line indicates a weight/leverage problem. (Not
>withstanding special circumstances of +SW)

He actually has four, with an FW Min at the base. Of course such
curves might seem arbitrary without good mechanical or ergonomic
explanation for their derivation. But even if arbitrary, they are
constant benchmarks against which to plot things.

It gets better. A bulge or sag in one line is certain to reappear in
the next curve, either directly or inversely. That tells you how much
other curves are being adversely affected, should you choose not to
correct of the original deviant curve. It tells you that if there is
a budgetary problem concerning unexpected alterations in the action
work, which might only approve a certain level of remedy, what the
consequences for the rest of the action would be, of the remaining
unremedied problem.

>Sometimes I think that people think too much and not apply their
>thought processes to practical applications.
>Because when worked out in practical applications, many of the
>speculations would not appear on the list.

BTW does anyone want to buy a pair of used headphones?

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"I work harder than God. If he'd hired me to do the Creation, I'd
have finshed by Thursday"
     ...........Jenna Elfman in "Keeping the Faith"