June Journal and FW's

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Thu, 30 May 2002 21:41:26 -0400

At 09:08 PM 5/30/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Flame suit? Me? Don't waste your gasoline. I don't smell good charred.

Don't worry, buddy; I'm right behind you with the extinguisher. . .

And it is easy to spot the ones who 'just don't get it'.  As far as the
rest of the faldural (sp?) goes, there_is_a
balance between FW and the assist spring tension; to which David Stanwood
subscribes.

FWIW, Stanwood's FW ceilings are not target spec's but a line of
demarcation; as to which any thing
close to or over that line indicates a weight/leverage problem. (Not
withstanding special circumstances of +SW)

Sometimes I think that people think too much and not apply their thought
processes to practical applications.
Because when worked out in practical applications, many of the speculations
would not appear on the list.

>Bill Ballard RPT
>NH Chapter, P.T.G.
>
>"No one builds the *perfect* piano, you can only remove the obstacles to
>that perfection during the building."
>     ...........LaRoy Edwards, Yamaha International Corp

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@attbi.com