QRS player system

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Mon, 13 May 2002 18:19:00 -0700

    Shouldn't be a problem, Tom. Most player systems nowadays are =
"transparent" to the player, meaning the piano should be able to be =
played without the player system affecting it.=20
    The ease of removing the action is dependent on two things, 1) does =
it record. If the answer to that one is yes, there should be a ribbon =
connector coming from under the keys on one side and attaching to a plug =
on the piano. Just unplug it.=20
    2). On some of these, the solenoid rails can be set pretty high, so =
that it's hard to get the action back into the piano once you've taken =
it out. You can lay the key slip on the keys so that the curved part =
depresses both the sharps and the naturals, and slide it back in. On =
some, you can just slide it in until it bumps the solenoids, and then =
lift the action up onto them. It's just important not to jam the action =
back in with brute force or you'll damage the solenoids.=20

    As to whether it will affect the play back, yeah, it could. The =
player will continue to play the piano as if the piano were =
un-regulated. Might have some effect on the expression,  but I wouldn't =
worry about it too much at this point. If it does, write back and I'll =
get the instructions so that you can at least set the pianissimo level. =
( I don't work on QRS, but somebody at work does.)
   =20
    Hope this helps.=20

Kevin E. Ramsey
ramsey@extremezone.com