hoisting straps?

Dave Doremus algiers_piano@bellsouth.net
Mon, 13 May 2002 20:18:32 -0500

What do y'all use for plate lifting straps? I'm installing a chain
hoist, retiring an old and unwieldy gantry, and am not sure what the
best straps are. I was actually thinking about using rachet tie downs
cause they are adjustable in length but I'm not sure if they would
hold under vertical lifting. Any thoughts?

I tried the archive and found that Ed Foote likes rope and a 'taut
line hitch' (did I get that right?) which I dont know if I trust
myself to tie....

As always, thanks in advance.....