Hammer tapering Jig (just for Jim B)

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Mon, 13 May 2002 21:12:57 -0400

I have been thinking about such a jig, my heart began to sing because I wouldn't
have to since you already had one working. ($#E^%TY(*Q#$%**TI(*Y#Q$

So my thinking is along the lines of a router table, a hammer held in place with
a cam, the shank toward the outside, two locations, taper one move it to the
second position while a new one is placed in position two.  Router works through
a cutout to limit movement (to prevent shank damage) with adjustable screws ala
Spurlock.  I tried a jig years ago using a power planer, didn't work, just
chewed up hammers.

ANyone want to take a whack at something like this?

		Newton