Baldwin M

Roy Peters roy.peters@mindspring.com
Mon, 13 May 2002 00:25:06 -0400

Terry.
Since no one else has answered...  I have rebuilt several, the most recent being last summer.  There are quite a few Baldwin M's around town here .   I think that you will find it to be a fairly easy job as far as the pinblock goes.  In the era you have, 1947,  the pinblocks are screwed into the rim on the ends, with a piece of felt between the
pinblock and the stretcher.  The top of the block is basically flat.  The front top edge of the block usually has a spot, between the bass and tenor sections I think,  where there is a notch cut out.   Fairly simple.  I have been using Delignit pinblocks on everything, and have liked the results, FWIW.  As far as it being a scaled down R, I'm not
sure what you mean.   I usually restring the plain wire to the factory scale, and then have Arledge make the bass strings.

Roy Peters, RPT
Cincinnati.