improvements

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Sat, 11 May 2002 17:55:56 -0600

At 10:22 AM 08/05/02 -0400, Dale wrote:

>                Some don't know what there critical of.
>              Dale

Breaking out the logical fallacy of argumentum ad hominem already, Dale? Is
your dislike of this instrument so intense that you have to resort to a
veiled, one grammatically incorrect-line insult simply because someone has
nice things to say about it for a change?

Many of us are out in the field regularly helping the owners of these
instruments fall in love with them over and over again. For some of us part
of the pleasure we get out of our work comes from using our skills to
enhance the beauty of what others may very well think of as an "ugly
bride". It's not that "some don't know what to be critical of", it's that
they know *when* to be critical of it.

Of course, there are also some people who seem to be so critical as to make
every bridegroom think his lover has to go in for a facelift, tummy-tuck
and breast enhancement just because it has a few birthmarks and doesn't
look like a Barbie Doll. They seem to be a lot more vocal than the rest of
us and occasionally even make comments like yours.

Regards...

                 John

... "A piano is a piano is a piano." - Gertrude Steinway