1969 Steinway L CBS?

Sat, 11 May 2002 16:40:21 +0200

Well, its nice to know that you are talking strictly about one model of
Steinway instruments, and an upright at that. I got the feeling that the
discussion carried on by others was a bit more inclusive then that. But
seriously Terry. I have seen at least a hundred 1098's in my years over
there, and never ran into the severe problems you talk about. Certainly
not more then I see in other decently put together instruments. So all I
can say is that my own experience with these instruments is quite
different then yours. While I am not a particular fan of so called high
end uprights to begin with, I certainly wouldnt hesitate in recommending
the fine Steinway name to anyone.

btw... where is it well documented that Steinway grands have "poor
action geometry" ?

RicB