1969 Steinway L CBS?

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Sat, 11 May 2002 10:58:43 -0400

In a message dated Sat, 11 May 2002  8:33:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com> writes:

>Comments below:
>
>Terry Farrell

As a technician who works on a lot of Steinways I find it amazing that we can not even discuss the problems at Steinway without it being called condemnation or bashing. I like Steinways but they are not my master, if there are problems that a lot of us have run into why not discuss them.  They become hard to discuss when as soon as you bring one up the Steinway posse jumps all over you.  As Terry stated he has much respect for Steinway, which shows the pressure to preface our criticisms.  We discuss the problems of a lot of piano manufacturers but none of them bring up the defenses like Steinway, though Yamaha is building momentum (not including grey pianos). Most of the posse members will choose to ignore or dismiss the facts behind some of Steinway criticisms.

David Koelzer
DFW