Got some dough to blow, good prices on strings/hammers??

Stephen Airy stephenairy@fastmail.fm
Thu, 9 May 2002 16:50:33 +0000

I don't even have a credit card, and right now I don't have a job.  I
just happen to have some dinero to spend (thanks to my b'day last
month).

Let me get something straight:  This is my first piano, so I'm NOT
planning a full-on restoration.  All I want to do is fix the cracks in
the bass bridge, replace the strings and tuning pins (keeping the
original pinblock), and replace the hammers (and regulate the action).
I don't want to pull the plate, shim the soundboard (there are no
visible cracks), and things like that.  Maybe on my next Wing & Son,
Steinway & Sons, Wm Knabe, Hallet & Davis, Lester, Kimball, Vose &
Sons, Mason & Hamlin, etc. art-case upright, I might consider it.

--
  Stephen Airy
  stephenairy@fastmail.fm

--