Harwood grand

Stan Kroeker stan@pianoexperts.mb.ca
Thu, 09 May 2002 11:44:34 -0500

Dear Friends,

We don't see many older 'American' pianos up here in the northland but I
have an opportunity to acquire a 1934 Harwood 5' 2" grand (made for
Jenkins Music of Kansas City).

Although the piano appears to be of 'robust' design, it needs full
rebuilding.  Detectable downbearing along both bridges; good sustain on
plucked treble strings; 'modern' style action.  Looks like a suitable
'rainy-day' project (I say as it's snowing furiously outside!!).

Anyone experienced one of these?  Comments please?

Best regards from the slushy Canadian prairie,

Stan Kroeker
Registered Piano Technician