Newbie; Cleaning actions with cold!

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Sun, 05 May 2002 23:12:31 -0700

At 09:34 PM 5/5/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Not to be disagreeable, but a cold is a virus. The only way to catch a virus
>is to come in contact with someone else carrying the virus. So unless you're
>servicing a piano with a bad cold, you can NOT catch a cold from a dirty
>piano.

Hello, Greg.

I only put down my own experience. It may or may not be due to direct
contact with cold virus in the dirt -- however, contact with molds and
bacteria in
such a quantity may give one a cold simply by wearing down one's immune
resistance.

At a convention I attended a class about smoke damage. The instructor
also pointed out that cleaning a filthy piano without a good dust
mask tended to give him a cold or the flu.

For that matter, I've caught a cold after being exposed to strong
fumes from latex paint. I feel this was probably due to stress on
the immune system.

Viruses are everywhere -- we just resist them most of the time.

Susan