Newbie; Cleaning actions

Greg T Tunapiana440@cox.net
Mon, 6 May 2002 01:38:00 -0500

Hazen,

You mean the sand does not get embedded into the felt at all? Hmmm...I =
will try it the next chance I get. Thanks for the info.

Best,
Greg =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: HazenBannister@cs.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, May 05, 2002 8:44 PM
  Subject: Re: Newbie; Cleaning actions

  In a message dated 05/05/2002 6:24:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time, =
Tunapiana440@cox.net writes:=20

    I have had very good success on hard damper felts simply by =
squeezing & "massaging" them with my fingers. Usually if that doesn't =
work I replace them. As for sandblasting, doesn't sand get embedded into =
the felt? I suppose if I run into a 'candidate' for experimenting I will =
try it. What air pressure settings, etc?=20

    Thanks,=20
    Greg=20

  Greg,=20
   I blow the action out after blasting. Around 50 - 60 pounds is =
usually a good pressure.=20
  Hazen Bannister=20