improvements

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 3 May 2002 23:26:35 EDT

In a message dated 5/3/02 10:08:07 PM Central Daylight Time,
sec@overspianos.com.au writes:

> >> That tells me that even they are not satisfied with what they have been
>> building, and need to improve. Doesn't say much for the previous pianos
>> from the same company, does it?
>

> Yes it does Wim. The previous model probably represents the current
> thinking of the time. It's not a tragedy to review a design if a real
> improvement is achieved. The real tragedy is that there are some who choose
> to revere the creations of the past to such an extent, that they become
> incapable of noticing the creations of beauty in their own time.
>

> Ron O.

And then there is still another theory. This one might be a bit far off the
wall, and I am not saying it this way, but maybe there is some truth to it.
How about they keep coming up with new models so that the old ones will
become obsolete sooner, and customers will have to buy new ones, because the
parts to repair the old ones are not available any more. This is what is
happening in the electronics industry, so why not in the acoustic industry?

Just a thought

Wim