Newton Hunt's workmanship

Leslie W Bartlett lesbart1@juno.com
Fri, 3 May 2002 09:38:34 -0500

. What possible use
> do
> we have for these numbers unless your intent is other then the one
> you
> stated. ?

     I should hope I might be forgiven for some things I have done,
thought, or said, due to my ignorance,  lack of experience, expertise,
and  little knowledge of unwritten rules of etiquette. It strikes me it
is a very long, arduous, and tortuous road from "I'm a toooner", to
accomplishing a highly skilled level of craftsmanship needed to rebuild
expertly a fine instrument. Time and time again I've been told, "If you
don't try something you'll never learn it."  But, if one tries, and makes
a mistake, is s/he going to be assumed "incompetent" and shunned.  Such
fear has kept me away from numerous "opportunities".
les bartlett

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.