ACTION WEIGHTS

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Fri, 03 May 2002 09:36:49 -0500

If you have a good digital scale you can modify them pretty easily,
or at least I could on the ones I have.  They were all heavy, so
fixing them amounted to removing weight.  I didn't have to add
anything for any of the weights.  The 32-gram weight now looks like
Swiss cheese, but it is now 32-grams!

dave
*********** REPLY SEPARATOR ***********

On 5/3/2002 at 8:49 AM Tom Driscoll wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Stuart & Aimee Balsillie
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2002 5:13 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: ACTION WEIGHTS
SNIP
By the way, the weight were standard brass weight used in the
trade................well I hope they are the same as the ones I
bought at the part suppliers here.

Stuart

            Stuart,
            I had  the small set of brass weights common from the big
houses. A pharmacist friend of mine checked them with a very accurate
scale and they were not even close to the #=92s stamped on the disks.

            Good luck,
             Tom Driscoll

David M. Porritt
dporritt@mail.smu.edu