Piano tuner haters

James Baker JamesBakerRPT@carolina.rr.com
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 13:34:05 -0500

Always one of my FAVORITE tuning impediments along with the ultimate =
friction plate which resists any and all attempts to get a rubber mute =
to go in without catching and bunching up (usually in the bass and =
tenor).

James
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Kevin E. Ramsey=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, March 30, 2002 11:41 AM
  Subject: Re: Piano tuner haters

      The one that comes most to my mind when I think along these lines =
is the little Aeolian upright I had to tune about three weeks ago. The =
plate was about 3mm behind the strings in the top of the treble section. =
There is no way in heck to get a muting strip to stay on those strings. =
Try it, and the first semi-hard blow pops 'em out. Not enough clearance =
for a rubber mute either. Luckily, I had my Paps mute right there, but =
without it, it's like "What? You don't want me to tune it?"
      It's about that time that I came up with my infamous quote about =
"There's a reason you don't see these guys hanging around anywhere =
anymore."

  Kevin E. Ramsey
  ramsey@extremezone.com