Volume Reducing Ideas?

Dave Bunch pdtek@mchsi.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 19:03:25 -0600

I'm assuming this piano is located in a community room or other shared area,
since I have not seen many nursing homes with resident rooms large enough
for a grand.

Working extensively with PianoDisc, I have been called many times to hotel
lobbys and department stores because the employees were complaining that the
system was playing too loud. Upon arrival I would find that against the
surrounding din, the piano was barely audible! The fact was, as hard as it
was to accept :-) , the people working there were sick of hearing the piano
all day long and it didn't matter how quiet it was- if they could hear it,
it was too loud. Many of these employees are of the Rap and Metal set anyway
and aren't crazy about listening to piano music to begin with.

This may or may not be what Mary's customer is up against, but if it is, I
think Ed's suggestion of the keyboard is probably the way to go.

Dave Bunch