Regular Piano vs Electronic Keyboard for Elderly Client

MoodyPiano@AOL.COM MoodyPiano@AOL.COM
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 19:53:26 EST

In a message dated 03/27/2002 7:31:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,=20
joegarrett@earthlink.net writes:

> Get Real! Any "Elderly" person in a care facility would be of the mind tha=
> electronics is beyond their scope of understanding and would have a built=20
> in
> aversion to any electronic "do-dad". IMHO
> Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

Sorry to say I didn't see the original post that this post was in response t=
o=20
but I felt the desire to respond to the above comment on its own merit.

Sorry to have to disagree with you Joe.  I agree that some people (old and=20
not so old) can have an aversion to electronic devices because of how high=20
tech they seem.  However, the elderly community in our area has been quite=20
interested in the digital pianos.  The pros for an elderly person, especiall=
y=20
one living in an apartment or facility setting can be Volume control &=20
Headphones and no maintenance required.  Plus one of our elderly customers i=
s=20
a nun in a home for elderly nuns and by adding a mobileer to her digital=20
piano she can easily move it from her room to the sanctuary at her=20
convenience.  I think all people need to be taken on a case by case basis,=20
and not grouped together.  If you direct an elderly customer away from a=20
digital piano just because you assume that he/she cannot possibly handle the=
=20
technology, I think you would be providing the customer a disservice. IMHO

~Lanie
Moody Piano, Inc.
Metro West Plaza (rear)
796 Boston Post Road East
Marlborough, MA 01752

Phone:  508-229-3601 =E2=80=A2 Fax 508-303-8996
Toll Free 1-866-4MY PIANO (1-866-469-7426)
<A HREF=3D"mailto:MoodyPiano@aol.com">MoodyPiano@aol.com</A> =E2=80=A2 <A HR=
EF=3D"http://www.bushellcompanies.com">www.moodypiano.com</A>