Baldwin warranty

Keith Roberts kpiano@goldrush.com
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 20:11:51 -0800

A client has a 5 year old Hamilton, Queen Anne, Cherry wood, that the =
key upstop rail decided to take a 1/4 inch dive over the space of about =
3 keys starting at A#4 then slowly rising up to the right key block. She =
was so relieved to know it wasn't the onset of crippling arthritis that =
was making it difficult to play. Must have warped slowly not to have =
noticed it was the piano. Still, the key lifting with her thumb after I =
set the center adjust high enough,irritated her.( the 1/4" gap above the =
keys on one side didn't look so hot either). So I found the Baldwin web =
site and typed in my complaint in the feedback/contact section......and =
immediately I was contacted by Thomas Malone, Supervisor, Baldwin =
finishing shop. He gave me the phone # to his desk and when I contacted =
him with the warranty info he took all the info himself and it arrived ~ =
3 weeks later!  Perfect match to the existing finish. The client =
couldn't believe it and I almost couldn't either. Fine way to do =
business.

Thank you Thomas/Baldwin/Gibson

Keith R