Bluthner soundboard

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 22:50:33 EST

In a message dated 3/17/2002 10:34:28 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mstory@ewu.edu writes:

             I too am rebuilding my first one of these. 1905 6 ft. 3"It has
screws through each rib as well and if it didn't they would have parted
company with the panel long ago. J.D has a great deal of exper. with these
and he says the glue maker wasn't any good.
  Interesting thing about this piano . It's board design is remarkably the
same as the model that Del posted a month or so ago and the types of re-
designs discussed frequently on the list. I'm having fun with this one. It
already has some rib fanning which has allowed some redesign ( more fanning
and an extra rib in order to float the bass end of the board. Interesting but
odd grain orientations which I changed to get more long grain in front of the
top trebles an such for stiffness.  Lumpy string scale now recaled & Horrible
bass string design now changed as well.
      J.D says none of them sound like Bluethners any way!! so why not.
Sounds like they were having an identity crisis.