Hazen Bannister/Scaling Question

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 08:27:19 -0800

Hazen,
There is one scale program, currently available by Tremaine Parsons. I am
currently a Beta Tester for a remake of the program I have been using for
years. This one was designed by Mark Gallant of the Portland Chapter. He is
currently working furiously to get it up and running. (At present, it is up
and running and we are working out the bugs.)
What ever program you use, I suggest that you first have a current "Scaler",
such myself or Del or ?, run the scale evaluation and alterations, that way
you will see how the "Scaler" decides what is needed and the process
therein. It's the way I learned from Del and I recommend it over Travis or
any other textbook "one-size-fits-all" approach. Each piano has it's
manufacturing errors and foibles, which dictates a "custom" approach to
each. Hope this helps. I can be reached at the above E-Mail address or by
land-line @ (503) 357-4713. I'll be at the Pacific Northwest Conference from
today until sunday, so won't be available during that time.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)