Bandsaw Recommendation

Brian Trout grandrestorations@yahoo.com
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 08:28:38 -0800 (PST)

Others might disagree on this one, but I LIKE the
riser block attachment that you can get for most
of the 14" bandsaws.  It gives you almost a foot
of clearance for resawing and other awkward kinds
of cuts.  It also gives a more open feel to using
the bandsaw.

In my opinion, you'll do better with a good blade
on a cheap saw than you'll do with a cheap blade
on a great saw.  I like the Delta too, but
wouldn't rule out some of the cheaper clones at
half the price (or less).

Just my opinions.  Take them for what they're
worth...

Happy shopping.  :-)

Brian T.

=====