Narrow vs. Stretch

Phil Bondi pbondi2@comcast.net
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 19:57:32 -0500

I had lots of time and quiet today to narrowly tune a Baldwin L. I for one
like to open the 'window' as far as it will go. I was trying to hear
"bloom".

I'm sorry to say that I heard no such animal with this very new Baldwin L
today. What I heard was a 6th and 7th octave that, to my ear, bordered on
being flat, but I know it wasn't. It was narrow compared to how I would
normally tune.

Since my interent connection has been so screwed up lately, it's possible
that I missed some of the posts regarding 'bloom'.

Perhaps a newer Baldwin L was a poor test subject?

I would say the piano was in good voice, since I was hearing partials that I
would normally listen for.

Can someone describe 'bloom' to me?

I really want to hear this.

Phil