Fees

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 09:49:26 -0800

I don't believe it's a good idea to tell the customer, "I charge $100 per
hour", or whatever. I charge by the job based on everything involved, plus
travel time, mileage and gas.
If you went to have Laser eye surgery and the Doc told you "I charge $20,000
per hour", you'd run outta there so fast you'd leave your shoes behind! That
figure is not exact, but we know that the actual procedure takes only a few
minutes per eye, and costs, depending on the deal you find, between
$1,000-$3,000 per eye! Of course, the Doc isn't charging JUST for those few
minutes, but for post op, all the pre-op prep, and has to pay his staff,
office rent, and the cost of his laser.
But if he WERE to advertise his "hourly" rate, he wouldn't be in business
very long. I have NEVER been asked to "justify" my rate, and I don't; I
charge for the particular job I'm doing and that's that.

Terry Peterson