Chickering quarter grands

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 21:27:49 EST

In a message dated 3/13/2002 7:04:30 AM Pacific Standard Time, A440A@AOL.COM
writes:

                  Terry list and all
             I must inject my two cents worth just for the fun and record, I
have come to despise most quarter grands.  The bastard damper system is just
the tip of the iceberg. The angled shanks and resultant night mare Hammer
boring, The brittle and ever breaking brass flanges and wooden action
brackets ughhh. The angled damper lever system. Why bother? After rebuilding
probably a dozen of these Jonas Chickening wonders in my life I now simply
pass, I'd rather do tunings if thetas the choice.
   It was a dinosaur when it was built we should now just leave them in the
grave.
   In our shop the joke is, oh no it's another Chickening, I wonder what
strange mechanical contrivance Jonas thought of  this time. I think he was an
insomniac who lay awake nights thinking of ways the would drive up production
cost and frustrate his shop foreman/workers plus generations of future piano
rebuilders.
    Jonas " AH Yah mama look das pooor Amereecan piano tuuneh trying to
rebuild the quarter grandt, ha ha ha ha.." It worked..........My joke it
fooled them.