fast puzzle, knock knock

Brian Lawson lawsonic@global.co.za
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 18:33:27 +0200

The Steinway warranty card was screwed onto and tucked under the damper lift
:)

Brian

----- Original Message -----
From: <A440A@AOL.COM>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: 07 March, 2002 04:07 AM
Subject: fast puzzle, knock knock

Greetings,
    A new Steinway D.  Going over the action, I notice a knocking sound when
the pedal is used in rapid repetition.  I guess people most often call it
"fluttering the pedal", (which calls to mind a goodle Southern boy trying to
impress the flower of the Confederacy).  This noise was the result of a
factory defect, and I fixed it with a screwdriver and  my cordless drill
with
a #9 bit.
  It was not in the trapwork. It was not in the underlevers.  I didn't touch
the tray.
Regards,
Ed Foote

(oohh, I hope it takes everybody a whole long time, but this is a fast
crew.....)